Chicken Tortilla Soup

This blog wouldn't be complete without this recipe. I got it from Pampered Chef and have added a few things to it. It has become our all time FAVORITE soup to make.

Ingredients

1/2 cup chopped onion
3 chicken breasts
1/4 tsp chili powder*
1/4 tsp ground cumin*
1 clove of garlic (pressed)
2 cans chicken broth
1 can diced tomato undrained
1 can (4oz) green chilies undrained
1 can black beans (drained)
1 can corn (drained)

Directions

1) Cook onion and cut up chicken in pot w/ olive oil spray. Add garlic & spices, cook until chicken is done.

2) Add rest of ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer 10 mins or more. (I like to do step 1 and then throw everything in the crockpot for several hours.

3) Serve w/ grated cheese, sour cream, and Fritos (my favorite part!). (optional)

*I always end up adding more seasonings. I really don't measure anymore. Just add to taste.

~I almost always double this recipe! It freezes great too!

1 comment:

  1. Well, since it's going to start snowing any minute, and since I like soup on snowy evenings, I'm making this for dinner. Can't wait. YUM!

    ReplyDelete