Creamy Broccoli Ham & Potato Soup

Occasionally, and I mean the very rare occasion, I create something myself that turns out pretty good. If you like broccoli and comfort food, this soup's for you! Of course, since I kind of made it up I don't have exact measurements for some things so you'll just have to do it to your own tastes.

Creamy Broccoli Ham & Potato Soup (creative name, I know:))

Ingredients:

1/4 cup butter
chopped onions
minced garlic
chopped celery
sliced carrots
5 cups boiling water
4 chicken bouillon cubes
4 cups cubed red potatoes
3 cups chopped broccoli
diced precooked ham
1-2 cups grated cheddar cheese

~Saute onions, garlic, celery and carrots in the butter in a large pot on the stove until soft.

~Add the boiling water, bouillon cubes and potatoes.

~Bring to a boil. Then add the broccoli. Cook till tender.

~If you have a hand blender stick it in and blend it up some. Or if you don't (like me!) pour about half of it in the blender and blend it up and pour it back into pot.

~Add the diced ham and the cheese. Heat until cheese is melted and ham is heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment